In This Section

Tax Information

As the University's tax office, Payroll Services provides you with employer tax statements like the Form W-2, and can help you adjust your exemptions via Form W-4. Payroll Services does not provide tax advising or consultation services. We recommend you contact your tax advisor or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), 1-800-829-1040 for specific information and advice.

If you are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder), please refer to our Foreign Nationals page.

Form W-2

The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is required to furnish all employees with a Form W-2 showing their compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year by January 31st of the following year. The W-2 is to be used in preparation of your yearly tax return by April 15th.

Your W-2 will be mailed to the address on file with the University unless you enroll for an electronic copy of your tax forms. To obtain enrollment information, see My Tax Forms Online. Please keep your information current so that mailed items can be delivered in a timely manner. Additionally, the Form W-2 version is made available for online viewing in OUHSC Employee Self Service.

Form W-4

All University employees are required to complete a Federal and State W4 when they are hired. You will also need to review your Form W-4 and make appropriate changes if you have had a major life change, such as marriage or divorce, death of a spouse, or birth/adoption of a child.

  • Nonresident Aliens have only one W-4 reporting option which is to select “single (box 3) and 1 exemption (box 5) and write “NRA to to the left of box 6 on the W-4 form. Note: Nonresident Aliens must check with Payroll Services (405-271-2055) before changing W-4 withholding allowances.

Employees without a W-4 will be taxed at the highest single tax rate.